Going Really Long!

Thursday 17 June 2010

Sense of humour failure!

I had a lovely day for 90 miles, great scenery, rode at recovery pace and pulled a big train of guys along which suited me just fine. I've begun to realise just how bike fit I actually am when guys sit on my wheel and are on their limit - when a chap came up and along side to ask if he should take a turn, he was sweating profusely and was finding it hard to speak ... My answer ... No that's OK, I'm just taking a recovery ride and working off my power meter, fill your boots in the train behind, LOL!At 90 miles we hit the biggest hill in world, I walked, in fact I found it hard pushing my bike up it, never mind riding. Then the descent was REALLY dangerous. And they added 5 miles to the advertised route!Anyhow I made it again as did Dave (although he didn't make it up Long Mynd either - says he said he has the wrong gears, James Cracknell claims he broke his chain ... Excuses, excuses!). Dave had a good solo finishing in 6:38 for the 110 miles. I rode a 7:41, average speed 14.4 heart rate 129, 123 watts - a good recovery ride.All for now, Grok on!

No comments:

Post a Comment